Hometime series ending, another Saturday "friend" gone.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been muting commercials since we got our first TV with a remote in 1984. By 2000 we cut the cable and just watched on air, mostly PBS. 24 and Cosmos were the last regular commercial broadcast programs we watched. Now it's pretty much some PBS (Frontline, Nova, Masterpiece Theater), Netflix and library DVDs.

Last edited:
I watch Hometime also, funny how they swapped out the woman for a younger model, but the guy is older and grey haired now.

I watch on a local pbs channel, which I get for $10/month under local channel only option. They don't advertise it, and they make it hard to find online, but they have it. I'd call up and ask explicitly if they have a local only option. I'd get ota, but we have horrible reception.
Hometime/Dean Johnson has had 5 co-hosts from 1986 - 2016. None have been married to Dean and none of the homes have been their own despite how some shows may have been scripted. I tend to not watch some of the more grandiose projects but they've had a mix over the years, with all the home improvement shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.