Honda Civic error code/question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
Our Civic is giving an intermittent check engine/error code (P1457), which is an EVAP error code. From my research, the most likely cause is either a hole in a line, or the EVAP bypass solenoid. However - this error code also seems to leave a lot to the imagination, as there are several components on the EVAP system, as well as the engine light only coming on randomly. Has anyone else ever encountered this particular code, and how did you repair it? Thanks.

A lot of those idiot lights get triggered if the fuel system isn't pressurized, a loose gas cap can light up just about the entire set of lights in a car.

I've seen that one happen on our car 150 miles after having filled the beast.

I have the same code. I have doen the diagnositics per the manual under the hood and it still there. Everything I have read is that the problesm usually are found on the piping and controls on top of the gas tank (which has to be removed).

Status
Not open for further replies.