Honda log splitter motor recal..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay H said:
Doesn't the Troy Bilt 27T splitter you buy at Lowes comes with the Honda GX160 motor????

My Troy-Bilt 27 ton splitter has the GCV160 engine, not the GX series. The recall is listed for the GCV160 on Huskee & Speeco splitters. It doesn't list Troy-Bilt models. I was unable to locate my VIN to see if it is in the recalled range.

According to the numbers, mine is OK.

Steve

Oops, I meant th GCV160, the CPSC link mentions the honda GCV160LA N1A motor... I'll check my Serial numbers shortly. I should of checked it today since I split another cord of wood today at least but didn't remember..

Jay

Checked my Honda's serial number just in case, and my serial number is lower than the range listed...

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.