Honestly, do I have too much wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to much firewood is like having a large amount of money sitting in the bank. Might not get around to using it right away but makes you feel pretty good when you look at the monthly statements. A winter like this one firewood lasts longer and consumption is way down. A real bad winter hits and your years ahead you feel good. Worse feeling is wondering around January do you have enough wood to make it. Keep it dry wood lasts forever, you can find barns built couple hundred years ago still standing. Better to be the ant than the grasshopper.

Having to much firewood is like having a large amount of money sitting in the bank. Might not get around to using it right away but makes you feel pretty good when you look at the monthly statements. A winter like this one firewood lasts longer and consumption is way down. A real bad winter hits and your years ahead you feel good. Worse feeling is wondering around January do you have enough wood to make it. Keep it dry wood lasts forever, you can find barns built couple hundred years ago still standing. Better to be the ant than the grasshopper.
Yea, but you can't see statements of your wood, you have to physically store it. A funny thing is, its tantamount to money, but it's out in open and nobody steals it.

Reactions: davidmsem
Thank you....like many I've benefited so much from this website. Today I was splitting and stacking the new wood. It was hard to turn down oak, I've heard so much about it, sms never burned any (newbie). Hopefully I can take it easy for a year or two after this.

Too much? It would be too much for me, as I like to keep busy collecting wood every now and then. I enjoy the searching, the work of it all. If I had as much wood as you have, I wouldn't have anything to do for a long, long time.

Then again, I would be able to get around to the other chores on my to-do list.

Reactions: Oldman47
Too much? It would be too much for me, as I like to keep busy collecting wood every now and then. I enjoy the searching, the work of it all. If I had as much wood as you have, I wouldn't have anything to do for a long, long time.

Then again, I would be able to get around to the other chores on my to-do list.
Well that was what I thought I'd do....then two friends went ahead and cut down a bunch of trees. One even delivered the logs to my backyard! The other is 5 miles away and it is mostly oak! How could I say no?

Reactions: Oldman47
I'm with you take as much as you can get glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Cut all you can, how do you turn down oak? Especially that close to your place. Great grab!

Reactions: davidmsem
Status
Not open for further replies.