Honey Hole

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Boss told me that he was having 5 trees removed from his lot on the lake. When I showed up, 3 were cherry and 2 were either honey or black locust. Cha-ching! This is round 1.

P.S. I marked my territory as I couldn't pick it up the same day they cut.
Lake Scrounge 1.jpg Lake Scrounge 2.jpgLake Scrounge 3.jpg

Excellent.>>

LOL, Nice score and way to keep em at bay

I know I've said this before but that's my favorite combination. Cherry to get it going hot fast and BL to keep it going all night long.
Great score.
Nice paint.

Reactions: blujacket
Nice score, You cant mistake that yellow heart wood and bark definatley Black Locust. I have some In my pile going on a year and a half seasoned cant wait to try it this winter. I tried it last winter and saw nothing special about it so I hope it was just green.

Nice score, watch out for the poison ivy!

Good lookin' rounds in that score. Got a chuckle from your "keep off" sign- it looks effective.

Nice haul...and that is the way you mark your scrounge! No doubt about that one...ha Nice truck by the way...like the sides. Want to get me another flat bed with sides like that.

Nice score Stax, that will make for some nice fires.

zap

LoL... Love the use of spray paint. And good hardwood there too.

Nice boss. Get that man a beer or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.