Honeywell Digital Aquastat or Relay or ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
Guys, I received a great recommendation from one of you guys about a Honeywell device that was not called an aquastat but something else. It appeared to be all electronic but performed the same function as an aquastat. Last season my fan ran all the time even if the water temp had dropped off. One of you guys used this device instead of an aquastat and as I recall it had a thermcouple sensor instead of the bulb type. I've looked back thru my posts and control related posts and haven't found that post. It was under $100 and let you set the cutoff setpoint digitally as I recall. If I could remember the name of the thing I could do a search myself.... but.... :)

Hard to imagine worrying about getting ready for winter when it's been way over 100F with heat index for most of our summer. Hope ya'll are doing better than me fetching wood. Hard to get motivated to fight the ticks and chiggers and poison ivy when it feels like 110F in the woods. Ya'll be blessed.

That was a in a response to a post I started. Trevor was using a Johnson Controls Device to control his air handler blower. Here is the link to the thread.
l/link=https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54439 /link

Yep.... that's it! Re-read my reply in that post. No wonder I had no luck searching for Honeywell stuff! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.