Honeywell t-stat problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TboneMan

Mar 20, 2008
Central NY
My one year old Honeywell 5-2 day programmable thermostat is acting funny.
http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consu...s/Do-It-Yourself/Programmable/5-2/Default.htm

First - I find the temp. sensor is way too sensitive. My furnace t-stat is mounted right next to the pellet stove t-stat, and the Honeywell is much quicker (both up and down). This is a problem when the temps are near the set point, causing to pellet stove shutdown and then restart within just a few minutes. More frustrating is the fact that my furnace t-stat still indicates the temp is below the the temp. set point.

Second - Standing near the t-stat (e.g., while make programming changes) cause the temp to increase by 3, 4 5 or more degrees (and I'm not running a fever!)

Third - Despite a set points of 75 degs. the t-stat is turning the stove off at 70 degrees. This is troubling as no values (wake, leave, return nor sleep time zones) are currently set to 70 degs.

Has anyone had similar problems with a Honeywell t-stat like these?

Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.