hooked up harman furnace couple small details need help with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakep

Aug 10, 2008
pa
my question is i want to use this furnace and my natural gas furnace incase im out of town wife wont have to load it.im wondering about the thermostat do i need a seperate one upstairs or will the one i use for my nat gas furnace do both i have a honeywell visionpro 6000. do i jump the two furnaces together some how? thanks

I would just get another thermostat, they are cheap. You have a very nice furnace! enjoy

You’ll need separate thermostat for each unit. How’d you duct the Harman? Did you hook up to the existing duct or run a separate one? If you used the existing duct you need isolation dampers on the supply of the old furnace and new furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.