Hooking in a woodstove to my existing boiler setup?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjn1

Sep 12, 2009
MN
I got this old stove from a buddy for nothing, and looking for advice on setting it up. It's designed to hook into a hot water heating system. I currently have a boiler with baseboard radiators in my house, and want to get this stove working in conjunction with my system.

So, what do I need to do to SAFELY get this going?

I'm hoping this will work out, so I can have good heat in all rooms/floors from my radiators. I also still want my propane system to kick in if it has to, at like 55 degrees or something. The old guy my friend bought his house from said it heated everything well, and it's a bigger house than mine (with a similar boiler setup). He installed it years ago, and I'm going to try and track him down if I have to. My buddy is remodeling his basement, and his wife wanted it gone, so it's not like it didn't work or had problems.

(My boiler is a Weil-McLain Gold GV series 3)

Pic gallery is here, if they don't show up: http://img41.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=stove002.jpg

stove002.jpg

stove004.jpg

stove006.jpg

stove011.jpg

stove013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.