New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Hooksett NH HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boo boo

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2012
So. NH
Has FSU 4.98 a bag. No price change from last summer.

Hu, they haven't had pellets for quite a while - good news for those that need them!

Hu, they haven't had pellets for quite a while - good news for those that need them!
I know. That's the HD I go to when I am working on things and where I buy my tones in the fall South willow is just a hassle in Manchester . seems like they have been out for 3 months or so. Still looking for the Fireside platinum they have on there web site If you see them please let me know

I haven't seen platinums (truth be told, don't remember hearing about anything but the FSU's). If I see them I will put out an alert.

I guess all those posts about all big box stores not ordering any pellets for the rest of the season was premature. Walked into a TSC store a couple of days ago and they were unloading two truckloads of pellets, plus they had a good supply of equine pellets. My local Ace hardware store was never out of pellets all season and never marked up the prices and would do a 10 bag limit whenever they got below a certain stock level so their customers always could buy pellets when needed. Regardless of pellet exports, with a normal winter next year, folks leaving pellets for NG, propane and oil, and improved distribution strategies, the pellet market should settle down some next year. One can hope anyway.

I guess all those posts about all big box stores not ordering any pellets for the rest of the season was premature.

"Most" of the talk we heard, at least to my recollection, was not about no more orders,
but mostly about them having them on order, and not getting them..
At least in our area.. Lowes/HD/TSC had open po's... just were not getting them on
a regular basis. So they could be out for two weeks, then get a load, maybe two, and
then be out again.

I hope you are right about supplies for next year. But I know, as we did this year,
we will be pushing hard for early buys. But I can almost guarantee, it will for the most
part, fall on deaf ears..

Dan

Reactions: dlavigne7324
I plan on trying to plan for an early buy as well. Cleaning out the garage right now to see how much space I can free up for that day.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
You've tried a bunch, so by now you should know which 3 or 4 you like the best,
you shouldn't have any trouble getting them EARLY... I hope you find room for them,
it will pay off later!

Dan ;)

You've tried a bunch, so by now you should know which 3 or 4 you like the best,
you shouldn't have any trouble getting them EARLY... I hope you find room for them,
it will pay off later! Dan ;)

Agreed. Most I have tried will work fine in my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.