Hope i dont regret this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
I just sold my few week old to me ( used ) Mt Vernon non AE lol its gone out the door never to be seen again !

Guess tomorrow i am going to be in the Mt Vernon AE club ( awaits Dexter's comment :) )

If anyone wants to convince me otherwise please speak NOW :) you can even pm me if you want to slide under Dexter's radar ( you know im bustin on ya Dexter you rock bud :) )

j-takeman said:
Sure we can coax you over to the Enviro camp???

How about the sister stove Regency Hampton CG60??

already googled and looking at it :) its a GC60 though stick to pellet testing :p model testing you fail

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
Sure we can coax you over to the Enviro camp???

How about the sister stove Regency Hampton CG60??

already googled and looking at it :) its a GC60 though stick to pellet testing :p model testing you fail

;-P Hey I got the hampton right and the 60 part! ;-P

Picking on a fire god could be a bad omen!

oldmountvernon said:
I just sold my few week old to me ( used ) Mt Vernon non AE lol its gone out the door never to be seen again !

Guess tomorrow i am going to be in the Mt Vernon AE club ( awaits Dexter's comment :) )

If anyone wants to convince me otherwise please speak NOW :) you can even pm me if you want to slide under Dexter's radar ( you know im bustin on ya Dexter you rock bud :) )

10 Reasons to NOT buy a Mt Vernon....

1.- I said so...
2.- Big
3.-
4.-
5.-
6.-
7.-
8.-
9.-
10.- Just kidding. The Mt Vernon is a Beast of a stove. I am biased because its not what I would buy. But we are all different. Thats the one thing about this place. Everyone and every set-up os different and unique to its user.

I wish you well with the stove. May it last you years and years..They are one of the more beautiful stoves on the market today (along with the M-55...lol)

You are gonna be plenty happy with it. Cheers. Cant wait for more pics..
Although I think your Creme colored non AE was prettier! LOL

Enviro m55 cast. A few less btus but doesnt have to shut down every so often to clean the burn pot. Been burning for 3 weeks and havent had to clean yet

OMV,

Ignore the haters, they have no idea what they're missing.

Technology is good.

Autroflamm Integra II. Then you will have a good looking stove that will keep you warm.

Not a hater. I almost bought that stove. They wanted 5 K. To much for my wallet.

kykel said:
Not a hater. I almost bought that stove. They wanted 5 K. To much for my wallet.

Not a hater either! I too took a good long look at the Mt Vernon. At the time it was the price tag that made me look at other stoves.

To the OP,

The haters are really the ones that bought the first AE's and had lousy dealer support. Ticked many off and lots of bitter words flew for a while. Seems things have settled and the bugs are gone. Lots of good peeps here for help when you get things rolling. You'll be fine and plenty warm with your new toy.

But hey you did ask for someone here to convince you otherwise, Can't say we didn't try! ;-)

j-takeman said:
kykel said:

Not a hater either! I too took a good long look at the Mt Vernon. At the time it was the price tag that made me look at other stoves.

To the OP,

The haters are really the ones that bought the first AE's and had lousy dealer support. Ticked many off and lots of bitter words flew for a while. Seems things have settled and the bugs are gone. Lots of good peeps here for help when you get things rolling. You'll be fine and plenty warm with your new toy.

But hey you did ask for someone here to convince you otherwise, Can't say we didn't try! ;-)

Its all good fun J makes people smile and come back another day, glad i found this site great bunch of people ( so far :) )

probably take a ride by the Enviro dealer and see one live and running but the AE is impressively quiet ( and it has the wifes eye :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.