Hope there's time to install these boilers before the real cold sets in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeEater

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2011
Northeastern NY
I've been reading and learning from all of your discussions and ideas out there in the forum and have "bit the bullet" and have started collecting all of the necessary parts to install a central boiler to replace my old coal-wood-oil combo forced air. As you can see by one of the pics, I still don't have all of the ductwork out of the cellar and that includes the old PowerMatic. Based on your wisdom(s) I've chosen to put a modine in the cellar, radiant on the main floor, and baseboard on the second. Here it is near the end of November in Northern NY and I'm only this far along. Good thing though, today I began drilling the joists to put in the tubing. As many of the forum members have included pics as they progress, I'll send more when some milestones are met. I'm an admitted newbie and have never operated nor installed a boiler system before, so all of you have helped me get to this point.

Attachments

• 10TonCurrans.jpg
    10TonCurrans.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 5 Ton and Smart 100.jpg
    5 Ton and Smart 100.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 193
  • NewPB105OlderLiberty.jpg
    NewPB105OlderLiberty.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 170
  • FutureLocationOfHarmon.jpg
    FutureLocationOfHarmon.jpg