Hopefully I just bought last ton for season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Spent yesterday morning picking up my 3rd ton of pellets for this season.
I drove the 40 miles or so out to Dartmouth, Ma to Ash a Way stove shop. They are where I usually buy my pellets.
Normally I would stop there on my way home from work. But, the wife wanted to make a morning of it.

They had 4 brands in stock. Green Supreme for $305/ton, Corinth $309/ton, and two others $325/ton.

I debated on buying pellets or getting an oil fill up. I guess it came down to short time cash.

The Green Supreme Pellets cost me $309/ton and should just about cover me for the rest of the heating season.
Oil at $2.09 a gallon would have set me back ~$500 and would last about as long.

So for the $200 savings I went with pellets.

So far this year I have burned 1 ton of Green Supreme's and 1 ton of Energex's They both burn well in my stove.

I thought about trying the Corinth but didn't want to deal with an unknown.

Got the truck unloaded into the basement before lunch. Cleaned the stove and fired her up.

All in all a good day.

---Nailer---

Just went down to Pellets Direct in Uxbridge, and paid 199.00/ton for a new pellet that is new, and too long in lenght to be a premium pellet, oak, but not compressed too hard for the Harmam Auger to handle....I've burned a bag last night on mid fire, no clinkers, good heat, light ash...no specs on the bag...

If price is important to ya, shop around a bit more.
Green Supreme selling for 279.00 a ton in Raynham right now.
Prices are still high, but looks like at some places they are starting to come
down slowly.

Who is the retailer in Raynham?

I looked around and saw the place in Uxbridge and the place in Holbrook. As I live on the cape and Work in Taunton, Uxbridge was out of the question.

I knew the Dartmouth store had stock and didn't want to spend the extra gas somewhere else.

Thanks for the advice,
---Nailer---

nailed_nailer said:
Who is the retailer in Raynham?

I looked around and saw the place in Uxbridge and the place in Holbrook. As I live on the cape and Work in Taunton, Uxbridge was out of the question.

I knew the Dartmouth store had stock and didn't want to spend the extra gas somewhere else.

Thanks for the advice,
---Nailer---

PM sent

Dealer in Middletown is same as dealer in Dartmouth.

I have bought from both. Their prices are the same.

---Nailer---

I've been picking up 5 to 7 bags at Sam's every couple of weeks. At 5.24 a bag I figure it's cheaper than anywhere else I have looked. I started burning mid Dec and have burned a little over 1.5 tons. I have 2.5 left in the shed so I figure I have plenty to get me through till the end of the heating season.

Home depot up here has pellets for $299/ton, they are blazers from oregon, sold in 1.25 tons to a pallet, or 5.98 per bag. I did the bag way as moving one ton at once requires me to rent their truck.
Boycot lowes they don't carry pellets now as they think it is spring despite the 2' of snow on the ground here, and more in the forecast. Besides when they did have them they limited you to 4 tons.

Does anybody here in Central MA know of a good deal on pellets right now? I got screwed locally with these OBECKS "PREMIUM" pellets, and have used about 1.5X what I have used the last few seasons, so I am running low. Never mind the fact these shite pellets are twice the work, cleaning wise.

Pellets Direct in UXBRIDGE, MA????
I only know of a Pellets Direct in Oxford, MA. http://www.pelletsdirect.com/ Same one?

I hate the prices I'm finding between them and obbins Garden Center in Oxford http://www.woodpelletsexperts.com/pricing.html . Got stuck buying expensive pellets from Stove Place in Shrewsbury in October due to completely forgetting to buy earlier. How do you forget that after 13 yrs????

Where to buy in Central MA that will deliver to Oxford?

And what's the place in Millbury?

We usually buy New England Wood Pellets or Dry Creek. Ended up having to go with Eureka when that's all I could find. Just picked up 5 bags of Blazers to try for first time with softwood pellets in 13 yrs). Its primary & only heat source so we want quality, but I don't want to go broke either.

They moved in April, the same genttleman, Kevin, is at the new location, in Uxbridge...The Stove Place, is a great place, very nice people, but exspensive, so is Robbins, this time of year...Try Squiers in Monson...They are awesome, and inexspensive..

nailed_nailer said:
Spent yesterday morning picking up my 3rd ton of pellets for this season.
I drove the 40 miles or so out to Dartmouth, Ma to Ash a Way stove shop. They are where I usually buy my pellets.
Normally I would stop there on my way home from work. But, the wife wanted to make a morning of it.

They had 4 brands in stock. Green Supreme for $305/ton, Corinth $309/ton, and two others $325/ton.

I debated on buying pellets or getting an oil fill up. I guess it came down to short time cash.

The Green Supreme Pellets cost me $309/ton and should just about cover me for the rest of the heating season.
Oil at $2.09 a gallon would have set me back ~$500 and would last about as long.

So for the $200 savings I went with pellets.

So far this year I have burned 1 ton of Green Supreme's and 1 ton of Energex's They both burn well in my stove.

I thought about trying the Corinth but didn't want to deal with an unknown.

Got the truck unloaded into the basement before lunch. Cleaned the stove and fired her up.

All in all a good day.

---Nailer---

Im thinkin the groundhog will say more winter so till April I would buy pellets,but only by the bags not ton unless you got place to store them..

dr.coolbreeze said:
They moved in April, the same genttleman, Kevin, is at the new location, in Uxbridge...The Stove Place, is a great place, very nice people, but exspensive, so is Robbins, this time of year...Try Squiers in Monson...They are awesome, and inexspensive..

You should check out Pellets Direct in Uxbridge, they have some great savings now. I was there last week. Bought a ton of Lignetics for $299.00/ton. They also had other product for sale for $199.00 and $215.00/ton. All hardwood oak product. I s/w Kevin, what a great guy. So pleasant and takes the time to explain the difference between the pellets. Not like Robbins Garden, every time I go in there they are so rude. They get annoyed when you ask them any questions.

Nailer did pretty well! You have to understand that when you live on Cape Cod just about EVERYTHING is overpriced... and places like PelletSales.com don't deliver down here. If you got a ton of pellets for $300, that is considered a good deal! It is just something you deal with....

Status
Not open for further replies.