Hoping for cold !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony H

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2007
N Illinois
Anyone else having a strange hoping for cold weather feeling lately ? I have never had this before hoping it gets cold enough to fire up the boiler soon ....... might have to burn a log or two in the fireplace to get the monkey off my back.

Yes!! . . . and no :-S

The cold
1)Makes the skis slide better
2)the bugs die
3)the sidewalk nipples perkier
4)just plain frees your mind

but . . .

still no weld/rebuild, so I'm hopin it don't get TOO cold yet . . . :red:

I was hoping for cold last year so I could break my boiler in. Now it's a new game - I want to see how LITTLE an amount of wood I can go through this year. So I'm okay with a warm Fall, even though today makes me think I won't go much longer without burning...

I'm ready to break in our new boiler...but I can wait!! Not a problem for me to wait until the end of next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.