Hoping to identify this stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TL-Iguana

Jun 27, 2013
Canada
Hey all, I am new here and was hoping maybe for some help in identifying what this stove is that came with the house I just bought!

I have some pictures here that hopefully captured enough detail!

Im guessing its meant for wood and not coal, and has a water jacket for some reason or another, but again I dont really know much about it other than it was in my garage when I took possesion! Any help or insight is appreciated :) I also seem to think it might be missing its feet.. If so, is this something that can be replaced or would it function to heat a garage for the odd day Im working in there on a cement floor?
(Of course it would be properly vented and have a professional install its chimney)

IMG_00000668.jpgIMG_00000669.jpgIMG_00000670.jpgIMG_00000671.jpgIMG_00000672.jpgIMG_00000673.jpgIMG_00000674.jpgIMG_00000676.jpg

Neat looking unit there.

I can't give you any info on it but I can warn that garage installations can be tricky due to insurance companies and/or code enforcement so be careful there and do your research before investing money into a garage chimney and such.

I'm going to move the thread over to the classic stove room where folks who are into these things are most likely to see it.

Welcome to the site and good luck.

pen

The way that is built makes me think it might have been a train cabin or caboose stove.

Ahh Ok. Wow. Well thanks for the help all :) I did work for the railway for a while and it sure does look like the ones we used to have in our cabs.. The garage is on private farmland, it will only actually every be used more as a work shop to fix the odd tool or sharpen an axe so its not going to be used all the time, and never would be used to boil water.. Just was wondering more so if it could be used for heat if I did get a chimney for it.. Im not at all interested in burning coal. That helps a lot everyone, I appreciate the replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.