Hopper fire....now throwing an error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill57

Oct 29, 2015
Wisconsin
I have an Englander 25 pellet stove. I had a hopper fire. The hopper was half full and it smoldered for a while in the hopper before I caught it. I cleaned the entire stove out. I reloaded it and tried using it and heres what it does.....i turn it on and it will run for 5 to 30 seconds and it will shut off and show just an E on the display with no other letters or numbers. Sometimes it will run for 5 minutes or longer before it does this. No matter how long it tuns the augers dont work. I tried bypassing the vacuum switch and it didnt help. Chimney is clean and clear.....any ideas? TIA

Do you have a manual ?
E codes
11. Unit keeps shutting down (“E” codes on control board)
1. Blocked flue (E-1) 1. Check for flue blockage (nests, rodents, excess soot, etc.) 2. Blower failure (E-3) 2. Check combustion blower wires, then call Technical Support. 3. Improper installation* (E-1) 3. Check for loose flue/pipe connections. Also be sure to have proper Outside Air hook-up

Manual here

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/46/463aeef9-574e-487c-8d1c-e21ec68f0ae7.pdf

Do you have a manual ?
E codes
11. Unit keeps shutting down (“E” codes on control board)
1. Blocked flue (E-1) 1. Check for flue blockage (nests, rodents, excess soot, etc.) 2. Blower failure (E-3) 2. Check combustion blower wires, then call Technical Support. 3. Improper installation* (E-1) 3. Check for loose flue/pipe connections. Also be sure to have proper Outside Air hook-up

Manual here

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/46/463aeef9-574e-487c-8d1c-e21ec68f0ae7.pdf

The problem is it shows the "E" but no other number 1 2 or 3........I don't see that explained in the manual.

I have an Englander 25 pellet stove. I had a hopper fire. The hopper was half full and it smoldered for a while in the hopper before I caught it. I cleaned the entire stove out. I reloaded it and tried using it and heres what it does.....i turn it on and it will run for 5 to 30 seconds and it will shut off and show just an E on the display with no other letters or numbers. Sometimes it will run for 5 minutes or longer before it does this. No matter how long it tuns the augers dont work. I tried bypassing the vacuum switch and it didnt help. Chimney is clean and clear.....any ideas? TIA
Have you figured out the cause of the fire and resolved that issue.

best thing you could do is call my tech team so we can help you determine what is wrong as well as what would have caused it to have that hopper fire.

by the way, if the stove is a 2003 or older with a its original board an "E" without a number is equal to an E-1 or and E-3 in some cases. only the 04 or newer boards have a number assigned to the error codes

Status
Not open for further replies.