hopper fire update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will try two 45's first and if no change i'll trygoing the other route.this was my 1st stove and i guess to it seemed to run good with no issues till now.i'm pumped to get new one up and running. with this new wealth of knowledge i'll be sweatin my butt off.all this info is very much appreciated.before i retire ,on the simpson duravent,does it onl only come in 1ft increments or can i get an 18' length.that would help me push T 6' more away from the house helping me clear soffit.this way i can just go vertical right up past roof line

sorry for not chiming in ,just ran across the thread. good to see my service department has the situation under control. one thing i noted was the mention of "b-vent" piping , if this si correct our OP needs to replace the whole run with type "L" or "PL" pipe which is listed for solid fuel. i as of yet have not been informed of the incedent (usually i am , but i have been in and out lately) for the record the venting would likley not have caused the issue , unless it degraded (which b vent could do) and plugged up. gasket maintenance is the key , when the new unit arrives you will ahve a fresh start , read up , and watch our video concerning gasket maintenance, its more important than most folks realise.

i took everything apart this morning and as it turns out the adjustable 90 that comes off the back of the stove is type B vent pipe.everything else is duravent.i always disconnected this at the end of season and never had issue with ash build-up.will switch my 90 over to a duravent 90 anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.