Hopper Gasket for 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy24a

Dec 12, 2010
PA
I was wondering where I can get a hopper gasket without ordering on the net? Kind of need it quick. Are they make/model specfic or can I get the raw material and cut myself? Thanks!

check with your local stove shop , should be 7/8"wide by 3/16 thick thickness is the important part , call ahead and see if they carry it and take a smaple if they do just to make sure they have the righ stuff and can match it up

a quick measurement tells me the hopper is 22 inches wide and 10 inches front to back so 64 inches minimum, i'd get 6 ft just to have a little "fudge"room as usually they sell the stuff by the foot if they have it bulk

Thank you. Called local store and they said they had a dozen diff sizes. So I tell them the specs you gave me and they said they dont have that...lol...I would take it the the thickness is more critical than the width?

tommy24a said:
Thank you. Called local store and they said they had a dozen diff sizes. So I tell them the specs you gave me and they said they dont have that...lol...I would take it the the thickness is more critical than the width?

Yes, I'd say the thickness is most important in this situation. It has to be thin enough so you can close the hopper lid.

Keep trying, but IMO, I'd just order it from Englander over the phone....they ship pretty quick, and then you know you're getting the right gasket.

tommy24a said:

thickness is important, the stove was assembled with the gasket installed as the lid was centered and screwed down , this means the lid was "lifted" slightly by the gasket so a thinner one may not contact the lid in the back causing leakage there

Thanks guys...I am going to just play it safe and order one from Englander.

we'll ship it right out to ya , usually im ok with aftermarket gasket material, but i need to assure the spec's are matching. if not certain though its always better to get the factory replacement parts so you dont have to worry about compatability

I just hope after all the cleaning I did (leaf blower trick and all) it throws more heat. I also took off both blowers cleaned with air compressor and replaced gaskets. I put a new door gasket on. I am now waiting on the hopper gasket then I can fire it up. Keeping fingers crossed.

tommy24a said:
....I also took off both blowers cleaned with air compressor and replaced gaskets. .......

IMO, the combustion blower vanes should be wire brushed gently to remove all the caked on ash....just using compressed air may not be enough to get it all. Also, underneath the vanes the motor plate should be scraped clean with a thin flexible putty knife.

As for the convection blower, the fins on the squirrel cage should be brushed clean with a soft brush like a paintbrush, or vacuumed with a brush attachment. Be very careful to not knock off any balancing weights that may be on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.