Hopper in Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
those who own this stove, do pellets get "stocked" on the side walls even if the hole is sort of empty?
Looks like the metal walls are not really smooth and the 'formation' and the way pellets find their way down to the hole (gravity) is causing me to manually push them down.....

I was just doing some test until about 10/20% of remaining pellets in the hopper.

Wondering of other have seen this and if they have used something like sand paper to smooth the walls.

thanks.....

and how did you attach it to the walls, is it one bib piece all around with a hole in the middle or multiple pieces, did you tape it with something?

thanks for any feedback

ok, thanks, what type of tape you used, regular or a tape that can be exposed to warm/hot temps?

I had this problem as well.
I did this, but i taped the whole hopper. Used Aluminum tape from the paint section of Lowes.
I dont think it gets hot enough in the hopper wo worry about.
Works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.