Hopper lid problem on XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyEagle63

Feb 2, 2013
I have a problem that has happened twice over the past couple of days, once yesterday morning and the other time about a half hour ago. The problem is when I open the hopper lid to put pellets in, the stove shuts off completely until I shut the hopper lid again....then within a few seconds starts back up again. I then open the lid again within a few seconds to put the pellets in, and it runs just fine. As I said, it's only happened twice in the past couple days. It's a bit disconcerting and I really don't have any idea what it could be. We're working on our third winter with the stove and thus far it's worked like a charm. I put in a call to my dealer, but he's out of the office until Saturday, so I figured I'd come to the experts on this site for some ideas. Thanks for listening!

doesn't sound good

so, lemme get this straight...you open the lid, all the lights go out? Bad connection......check your connection points

Do the fans shut down or does it just stop feeding pellets?
It is supposed to stop feeding pellets while lid is open. New this year they have done away with the sensor switch under the lid. (Was causing some problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.