hopper ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgmt

Feb 22, 2010
maine
I have a 55 shp10 and when the hopper is about 1/4 full the middle will start to empty but the pellets on the side wont slide down on their own and the stove will go out with a bunch of pellets still in it I mean like 1.5-2 hrs worth what can I do to help them slide down the side better ?

smwilliamson said:
spray some high temp graphite lubricant in the hopper.

I have to add to only spray the inside of the hopper walls when the stove is not running. I know of an incident where a user sprayed the hopper walls with the stove running and the propellant caused a hopper fire.

Thank you where can I get some ? And the stove off is something I would have done anyways but thanks for looking out ;-) sometimes I think IQ tests should be given before a wood or pellet stove purchase :roll:

bfgmt said:
Thank you where can I get some ? And the stove off is something I would have done anyways but thanks for looking out ;-) sometimes I think IQ tests should be given before a wood or pellet stove purchase :roll:

No on the IQ test, it would reduce the supply of used stoves on Craig's list ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
bfgmt said:

No on the IQ test, it would reduce the supply of used stoves on Craig's list ;-).
or the need for a fire department

Also, I found that a good polishing with 400 grit wet/dry paper helps before the spraying.

SmokeyTheBear said:
bfgmt said:

Can see the ad now... "great stove only minor cosmetic damage from blazing inferno that destroyed home. BRO to help cover insurance deductible"

Status
Not open for further replies.