horizontal piping question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
it seems i'm stuck at the choices for a placement of a fahrenheit furnace in the basement. it's my ideal furnace add-on and looks like i'm forced on the following exhaust piping scenerio. t-pipe to 6-7ft rise then elbow to about 8ft horizontal with some rise at every foot and then i'm outside and t-pipe to whatever vertical needed(6-7ft) to clear the filling and venting pipes of the oil tank at a safe distance. i was leaning on a selkirk DT piping. do i forget about such installation or go ahead knowing i will probably have to clean the pipes more frequently. finished basements can such headaches at times:mad:.

My best guess, would be that it's o.k..

As long as its a newer unit, with the newer upgrades/mods, and you keep an eye on the horizontal.

I have seen a Fahrenheit with the most unorthodox venting set-up and it runs fine. (Direct vent w/ 3" vent and a down turn (yes, down in the vert install. 90* down)

But, my best advise is to call and speak with Matt Fitts or Mark Graham. Spoke with both and they are not only extremely knowledgable, but extremely helpful.

I have 4 ft horizontal, after 5 ft vert, and I have burned 1.5 ton, and its hardly noticeable. So an extra 4 ft?? May be easily done?

Which one are you lookin at??

not sure yet, is there a difference of models or in this case, year built? i just want to make sure it's feasible before splurging on a furnace type of stove. i would put it where the accentra is but the raised hearthpad falls short. i would also like to keep the accentra for back-up in case of waiting for unforeseen parts requirement. giving matt or mark a call should be in the cards.
thx,

Status
Not open for further replies.