hot blast grates ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmmorning

Oct 4, 2014
usa
Are there any good hot blast grates besides the one you get at Tractor Supply. Bought news ones at the end of last season and after only two fires this year have noticed there drooping again and can't get my ash pan out. Not wanting to spend $70 dollars for another expensive yet cheaply made set of grates. Model 1557M Hot Blast by U S Stove Company.

Mine drooped fairly quickly, but I've never had an issue getting the pan out. If I ever do, I'm gonna weld up a frame to replace it, and put fire brick in the bottom. You don't need the grate unless burning coal.

I don't think you're going to find a better option. I don't think it's the cheap chinese castings, I think it's just the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.