Hot dogs by the fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boo boo

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2012
So. NH
Every time she hears the stove come on this is where she goes I would love to but her bed there but to close to the heat for me 2015-01-04_18-57-24_886.jpg

Need the clearance in the front... I assume that counts as a combustible ;) I don't let my little buddy get that close.

The male I used to have would hesitate getting up there. He used to get stranded on the stairs all the time because of his third leg! I miss that stupid dog!

My male camps out inches from the stove too. Don't know how he does it. The female doesn't like the "growling box of fire" but the male loves it.

My stove generate almost no radiant heat toward the floor and the nearby walls. Almost all of the heat is discharged by the vent outlet, 3 feet above the floor. Hence, no risk of overheated pets! :)

My stove generate almost no radiant heat toward the floor and the nearby walls. Almost all of the heat is discharged by the vent outlet, 3 feet above the floor. Hence, no risk of overheated pets! :)
I have three Doxies and none of them will go near the stove.

Both my females (dogs) camp out in front of the stove. I watched a lot of westerns as a kid and I figure if it is too hot they will move. I do, however, make sure there are no dogs beds within combustible range.

Status
Not open for further replies.