Hot dogs - true pellet pigs (pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeedogz3

Oct 13, 2008
Lat: 39.9 Lon: -83.13 (OH)
During our set up install & test fire, 2 of our 3 dogs pictured here - inspected and gave us their approval. The 3rd was on work break (too lazy to get off the couch), but he is usually right there with them soaking up all the heat.

Attachments

• pellet pigs.jpg
    pellet pigs.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,407
ATTABOY! you might want to start taking addmison.........

teach em how to load the stove!!!

Great photo-thanks for sharing it with us.

Nothin like going through an obstacle course to feed the stove :lol:
What bums..lol

Oh I just love your dogs. What are they....Bassett Hounds? Thanks so much for sharing them with us. :)

When our wood stove's running, we only see our basset when he gets too hot and needs a break for 5 or so minutes. Then he's off the couch and back to the front of the stove. Usually on his back, spread eagle.

Prada said:
Oh I just love your dogs. What are they....Bassett Hounds? Thanks so much for sharing them with us. :)

1 basset, & 2 beagles. These two in the pic are Opie - basset & Eddie - a squirrel crazy beagle. The missing beagle is Beau. I'm working on getting a good pic of all three clowns parked together in front of the fire.

Look at those happy lazy dogs! My Chessie rarely lays in front of the stove.....just to hot for her I guess (she is "Queen of the Couch" though).

coffee said:
Prada said:

1 basset, & 2 beagles. These two in the pic are Opie - basset & Eddie - a squirrel crazy beagle. The missing beagle is Beau. I'm working on getting a good pic of all three clowns parked together in front of the fire.

Don't overfeed the bassett (probably the beagles as well). Our bassett would always act like it was never fed in an effort to get extra meals. The extra weight messes up their back since they are a longer dog.

Oh, and great pic!

Tfin said:
Look at those happy lazy dogs! My Chessie rarely lays in front of the stove.....just to hot for her I guess (she is "Queen of the Couch" though).

You've got a chessie? I had a big male for eight years. He went blind from cataracts but was extremely loyal and energetic. Greasy dogs. I wouldn't want them on my couch!

Just this morning, it was raining and when I let these guys back in they all ran over to the stove & sat there warming up and I could see the steam start to rise off their wet fur. Too funny!

Highbeam said:
Tfin said:

You've got a chessie? I had a big male for eight years. He went blind from cataracts but was extremely loyal and energetic. Greasy dogs. I wouldn't want them on my couch!

Yup, she'll be 5 in Feb. I've always heard the "oily fur" claim, and although her's does shed water like a duck it doesn't seem to be that bad when she's dry. We do use a couch cover though to keep her drool and snot off it.

You aint kidding about being loyal and energetic! When it comes to retrieving (even in ice cold water) she just will.......not.......stop. I've never seen anything like it in a dog.

I love dog-crazy people! I'm a dog-lover, too. We have 4. The lab loves laying in front of the stove, the Siberian likes it in the basement where it's nice and cool, the Cocker loves my lap and the Border Collie stays at my heels, stove side, of course!

What I love about your pic is the way one guy is resting his head on the others back. Best friends forever! My Border Collie and Cocker Spaniel are close like that, always sleep touching each other.

Did any read the book 'Marley & Me'? I just finished it this week; wanted to read it before seeing the movie. Great read.. the writer is fantastic!

My labs don't dare lay anywhere near the stove...the cats won't allow it :lol:

Not stupid at all. Stove appears to be right on the wood floor.

Corie said:
Stupid question.........where's the hearth?

Cute picture though, fo sho!

This photo was taken during our installation work (before completion) when we took a lunch break that's when the dogs happened to park it there while we ate. We happened to decide to fire up the stove for a test run to make sure that location was going to work before we put the hearth down and secured everything. We did have to make some serious adjustments to the location and we were glad we didn't secure the pad down or we would not have been able to move things.

Our fat cat has pretty much moved into a permanent position in front of the insert. Here he is, doing what he does best.

Attachments

• IMG_0698_2.JPG
    IMG_0698_2.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 259
SethB2 said:
Our fat cat has pretty much moved into a permanent position in front of the insert. Here he is, doing what he does best.

Wow! Someone was just asking about a wide insert. Why did this not come up? It's sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.