Hot mug of coffee or tea.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilted

And now for something different. OK you have been out in the back 40'ty making firewood and your cold and want a cup of something hot.

How about using a Storm Kettle to heat your water. What's a "Storm" Kettle, OK go to: www.eydonkettle.co.uk or do a web search on "Storm Kettle". This company is in England. Just use some tinder and dry bark from the firewood your cutting and in a few minutes you have hot water.

I had trouble with the first kettle it had a bad leak, John Grindlay immediately sent me a new one without question. I could not have asked for any better response. Just first class customer service, in the old school tradition.

I have only tried it out at home it will be awhile before I could give it a field trial. I have also tried it with this stove: http://www.woodgascampstove.com/index.html this stove just uses wood, it works with the Storm Kettle but it does not boils water as fast, no flame in contact with the inside of the kettle but little to no smoke. Also a special grate is need since the base of the kettle is to large for the stove. The grate was easy for me to produce.

-- Brandy

Status
Not open for further replies.