Hot room in Green room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same principal as a wood gassifier boiler with storage. THat system can let you use the heat for days after the fire in mild weather. Plus its a cleaner burn. MOs tlikely less costly and nat as hard to install and setup. IN the meantime i will experiment with surrounding my wood stove with a few ton of concrete blocks for heat storage to see the results.[/quote]

Sure hope that stove is in the basement with a good concrete floor under it. Wooden floors likely won't care for that much point loading.

Sure hope that stove is in the basement with a good concrete floor under it. Wooden floors likely won't care for that much point loading.
It is. Even with the uninsulated concrete basement walls it still gets 95Deg in the stove room. Possibly i can capture some of that heat for later use.

Status
Not open for further replies.