Hot tub anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SE Iowa

Jan 17, 2008
SE Iowa
Does anyone know if any of the gassification units have multiple outlets so that you can run a line to a hot tub? Is anyone doing this or do you just treat it like another zone and have a separate thermostat etc? Just thinking my family might like it and I wouldn't feel like it was too much of an excess if I used wood to heat the water. Another question, has anyone seen a direct wood fired hot tub? I know that they make some but usually you have to buy a smaller old fashioned swedish tub with a separate wood fire water "boiler". Just wondering if any manufacturer has updated/improved these old types?

Nofossil has a hot tub.

I heat my hottub with my boiler. I treat it as a seperate zone, I disconected my elect. heater and when the hottub calls for heat it pumps thru a sidearm hx. Works great and I save $30 month on my elect.bill.
leaddog

Is the sidearm hooked up directly to the hot tub piping, leaddog, or a water heater?

Eric Johnson said:
Is the sidearm hooked up directly to the hot tub piping, leaddog, or a water heater?
I have the side arm hooked up to the hottub and to a zone circ so when the hottub calls for heat the circ pumps hot water thru. The hot tub water flows continous. I Think most recommend stainless for hottubs and swimming pools because of the clorine but I have an ozonator and use very little bromine and I haven't had a problem. The sidearm was a spare so thats what I used.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.