Hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttingedge

Nov 11, 2013
Maine
Loaded up our Cawley Lemay 600 with some oak this morning and came back to check on it 10 minutes later.
Stove top temp was pretty high... Hopefully no damage. What is an acceptable high end for this stove?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 221
700ish I would say. A brief stint close to 800 shouldn't hurt cast. 10 minutes to get to that temp shows you why I don't not use those old stoves unattended.

10 minutes to get to that temp shows you why I don't not use those old stoves unattended.
not sure what the difference is with old stoves and new they can all run away on you quickly if you dont pay attention. And to cutting edge i agree with fsappo about the temps i have had mine above 800 a few times and had no ill effect but not a good idea to do it often 700 is much more reasonable

not sure what the difference is with old stoves and new they can all run away on you quickly if you dont pay attention. And to cutting edge i agree with fsappo about the temps i have had mine above 800 a few times and had no ill effect but not a good idea to do it often 700 is much more reasonable
I try not to let it get above 650-700 too often. How about my Jotul F55? Is 700 acceptable?

It has happened to our F602 a few times too. The Cawley is a tough stove. It should be fine. 700F is ok for the F55 at the peak of the burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.