House got a little warm today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chargerman

Feeling the Heat
Oct 22, 2009
SW Wisconsin
I dropped my wife off at noon for her lunchbreak and told her to fill the woodstove because it had been 5 hours since the last feeding. I left and got a text about 5 minutes later that the house was 78 degrees and the stove was still hot. Not too bad for 3 rounds of boxelder and high 20's for outside temps. It is now over 13 hours later and the house is still 72 degrees with decent coals to start the overnight burn. Sure is nice not having to babysit a smoke dragon like the old days.

Thats a house was a little warm but in a good way story. It is nice to be able to load and not worry for 8-12 hours that is for sure.

Sounds like your getting some good long burn times in. Yea, I'm still getting use to the epa stove, as I too used a smoke dragon for many years. I got a good 10 hr burn out of my 1.5 cubic ft. firebox rig the other day. I thought that was pretty good for a small heater. I think it will do a longer one too. I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to try it out in the near future.

Enjoy the heat. I still have my old Grandma Fisher out in the garage if I choose to do the smoke dragon thing. he he. Cheers!!

embers aplenty said:
I still have my old Grandma Fisher out in the garage if I choose to do the smoke dragon thing. he he. Cheers!!

I still have a old Jack furnace down in the shed just in case. Probably will stay there but it isn't hurting anything where it is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.