Houston............the SUmmit has landed....FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Started at about 10am yesterday, finished at 3am this morn.
Had a few snafu's. but worked em all out, and a trip to home pehole ate about 2hrs up.
But, I HAVE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE MY SUMMIT!!!!!!!!!! HEHE

Yes, next project extend hearth.

Attachments

• FIRE.JPG
    FIRE.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 728
  • Eerie fire.jpg
    Eerie fire.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 704
MountainStoveGuy said:
Merry Christmas!

Thanks man. This is a personal present to myself. Although the rest of the family will certainly enjoy.
And also the best present I will get this year, unless several young 20 something nympho's come with bows and beer.

Hog..ya beat me too it ,,my Sally friends didn't want to get wet......o well...Congrats Bro...Looks good!!I will now settle for the nymphos's...minus the bows...but with the beer.
I'll be sure to share the pics when I get em.

Perfect timing, now sit back and enjoy. It looks like cooler weather is on it's way this week. Congratulations!

Great job big guy. Looks like I am not the only one that, once a project is started, wants the thing done THAT day.

Great job looks good Im sure your glad thats done. Merry christmas and a warm new year!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, I'm sure that beast will keep you warm this winter. What kind of thermometer is that? Looks like it's half way in the door?

Looks great I hope you snapped some pictures of the install i'd be interested in seeing them posted.

Conggeats on the stove it looks great

BrotherBart said:
Great job big guy. Looks like I am not the only one that, once a project is started, wants the thing done THAT day.

LMAO, I have been told I am stubborn, relentless, and obsessed at times. I don't understand why.
Was worth every cut, scrape & f-bomb that flew from my mouth :).
And yes it had to be done, but actually went into the next day. Only because both cordless batteried died, and didn't feel like dragging extension cord & wired power tools out. Now I can't wait for the freestanding project. But thata a few tiems down on the to do list.
Thanks B.B. I feel better knowing I am not alone at being obsessed to get the job done.

Fist-o-Fury said:
Hog..ya beat me too it ,,my Sally friends didn't want to get wet......o well...Congrats Bro...Looks good!!I will now settle for the nymphos's...minus the bows...but with the beer.
I'll be sure to share the pics when I get em.
Picked up a case of St. Pauli Girl Special Dark for my celebration. Today is a very good day of my life. A nice fire and cold beer. Ahhhhhh.
You will have fire soon enough my friend. Tell yer Sally's a lil water never hurt anyone. ;)
Hope yer Xmas rocks.

BeGreen said:
Perfect timing, now sit back and enjoy. It looks like cooler weather is on it's way this week. Congratulations!

I knew I'd be much happier than what I had before this one. But I relly didn't know till I had the football game on with the room at 72 and the fan not too loudly pumping the hot air into the room. What a feeling ;).
Have a great day tomorrow BeGreen. Wishing you some cable back on sooon for the New Year. Wish I could get cable here, even DSL would be better.

wrenchmonster said:
Looks great! Nice work.

-Kevin

Thank you sir. Hope you & the family have a healthy, happy & joyous holiday.
Bygones be bygones. Peace to you.

DonCT said:
SWEET!!!!! Looks great there Hogz!!!

That's what I call a good Christmas present. You should have put a bow on it and taken a picture ;)
Now you know a bow is combustible ;) I see bows in the flames.
Merry Christmas, be merry, but be safe.

budman said:
Great job looks good Im sure your glad thats done. Merry christmas and a warm new year!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man, glad, and releived, tierd and the heat makes me want to nap all day. Of course the kids will have none of that.
A very Merry Christmas & Happy, Healthy New Year to you!

Looks good, I have a feeling you will be very happy with it. Enjoy!

Roospike said:
WoooooHoooooooo FIRE !!!
Yeah baby , looks like your keeping the whole state warm brotherman.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas 2 u !

Well hell, it is a Summit *grins* I might heat this state & the surrounding states LOL.
Is doing better than expected at keeping the whole house warm. So glad I made this decision. I guess I am another Summit disciple spreading the good word LOL.
And a very Merry Christmas to you Mr. Roo, hope you & your loved ones have health, happiness, & good fortune.

Todd said:
Congrats, I'm sure that beast will keep you warm this winter. What kind of thermometer is that? Looks like it's half way in the door?

Thermometer is an Imperial, its outside the door, above the seat. The door does not touch it in any way. Not many options for a thermometer on these beasts.

mIstabone said:
Looks great I hope you snapped some pictures of the install i'd be interested in seeing them posted.
I only took a couple of the liner attached to the outlet adapter. Due to the time & frustration involved. It IS alot of work, especially if its your first time. I am going to do a mini diary, the good, the bad & the ugly. And what I feel I should & should not have done. That I will write after the holiday. I wanted to shoot the heck out of it with photos. But I was too tired, and involved to stop and shoot every few mins. I'll give details though.

earthharvester said:
Conggeats on the stove it looks great
Thanks man, stove looks great, wall still looks like sh-t. LOL, oh well that will change in time, and I didn't do it, so I don't feel too bad.

Core that black brickwork around the outside definitely looks grand. Will stay looking nice I think. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.