How’d you afford your new stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
btuser said:
Stop selling your toys. How are you gonna get another chick if this one doesn't work out?

Granted, there's some sweet luvin' to be had down by the fire but make sure you keep your options open!

lol, thanks for the concern but I think we're good to go there. Also, I plan on not only getting a better guitar later when we can afford it, but also a motorcycle. How many chick magnets do I really need? I've not ever really had a problem with the ladies anyway.

So far we are saving big money.

We got an Amesti N380 for $399 (17VL would have been $550 and a Morso 1440 would have been $1,200).

Then yesterday I was at Home Depot and noticed they had the Simpson Duravent 6" Insulated Chimney 36" pieces marked down from $82 to $43 but it was all gone. I asked a guy and they are having 5 pieces transferred - still at the clearance price! I had planned on paying $100 a section as that's what it was elsewhere earlier in the season. Big savings there.

Now for a few questions. Can you use Duravent pipe with a Selkirk cap? I like the Selkirk cap a lot better. What about other parts? Do you have to use all of one brand or are all 6" insulated pipe pretty well the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.