1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How’d you afford your new stove?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by joecool85, Mar 16, 2011.

1. joecool85

joecool85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    lol, thanks for the concern but I think we're good to go there. Also, I plan on not only getting a better guitar later when we can afford it, but also a motorcycle. How many chick magnets do I really need? I've not ever really had a problem with the ladies anyway.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. joecool85

joecool85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    So far we are saving big money.

We got an Amesti N380 for $399 (17VL would have been $550 and a Morso 1440 would have been $1,200).

Then yesterday I was at Home Depot and noticed they had the Simpson Duravent 6" Insulated Chimney 36" pieces marked down from $82 to $43 but it was all gone. I asked a guy and they are having 5 pieces transferred - still at the clearance price! I had planned on paying $100 a section as that's what it was elsewhere earlier in the season. Big savings there.

Now for a few questions. Can you use Duravent pipe with a Selkirk cap? I like the Selkirk cap a lot better. What about other parts? Do you have to use all of one brand or are all 6" insulated pipe pretty well the same?