How About A Firebox Capacity and Dimensions Database?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I had a lab and LOTS of clear documentation, I would not want to hazard such guesses!
Many stoves even accept some 16" logs and then some 20". It would be very hard to get an idea of exactly how they compare. You COULD get such a comparison if you had the same pile of the same species of wood (some have more twists and knots) and then loaded up each of the stoves when cold.

We did that in our shop with various stoves and found, for instance, that you could get a lot more wood in an Intrepid than in the Jotul #3.

But, realistically, this often has gotten reported here by users anyway - or in the stove reviews.

I classify this as a good idea - but not one that I can do....

Unless I had a lab and LOTS of clear documentation, I would not want to hazard such guesses!
Many stoves even accept some 16" logs and then some 20". It would be very hard to get an idea of exactly how they compare. You COULD get such a comparison if you had the same pile of the same species of wood (some have more twists and knots) and then loaded up each of the stoves when cold.

We did that in our shop with various stoves and found, for instance, that you could get a lot more wood in an Intrepid than in the Jotul #3.

But, realistically, this often has gotten reported here by users anyway - or in the stove reviews.

I classify this as a good idea - but not one that I can do....
I still think we should compile pictures of stoves using BrotherBarts 'unofficial' firebox volume measurements. Might both useful and a hoot. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.