how about an osborn 1600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akhilljack

Aug 14, 2008
fairbanks ak
i would like a small enough stove to heat maybe 900-1100 sqft. found an osborn 1600 with a blower for around $1500. thats a pretty good deal around here in fairbanks ak. are they descent. the dealer says he hasnt had any complaints. will the size due for a like 80% suplemental heat load for my 1400 sqft home here in 30-40 below. how long will they realy burn on an averagely cold day (15 below-20 below). would i have to damper it down a lot or would it be able to run at a medium pace for most of the day. about how many cords might i use if i burn most of the day for about 6 months. is this a good price considering what shipping would cost to alaska for most other stoves. i like this one mostly because they have 7 of them in stock and all the others would take about 3 months to get in puting it right in the middle of winter. any suggestions? my home is very well insulated and has all new tripple pain windows with e coating on inside and all new doors, with blown in insulation in the atic.

Fairbanks presents a serious heating challege. In your house and location I would prefer at least an Osburn 2000. Do they have any of them in stock? You will get a longer burn with a higher capacity stove.

Are there any Blaze King stoves for sale in your area? Many AK folk seem to like them for heating in your climate.

yes they do have blaze kings which i would like but they wont have any for months and the ones they are getting are spoken for. they do have a osborn 2000 but i just didnt know if it would burn me out of my house it seems pretty big.

You don't need to run the stove with a full load of wood and have an air control to regulate it. In Fairbanks, this is not too big a stove. At some point in Dec you will be very happy you got the bigger stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.