How are wood stove sales?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ControlFreak

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2008
Holden, MA
Just curious if anybody knows, how are wood stove sales going these days? I hear that things are really dead, but I'd like to hear from others that may have more accurate info.

From the dealers I have talked to in the past 2 weeks, things are going pretty good. In early December they were scheduling late January install dates. One dealer even sold a few floor models and hasnt replaced them yet because as soon as new ones come in, they get sold.

Company that installed mine (I bought mine online, couldn't resist low price) said they are buried alive
with work and their sales were good.

Biomass tax credit certainly not hurting sales.

Still doing mostly gas inserts and fireplaces. Do a couple wood and pellet inserts or stoves a week, but not a ton. In Nov with two installers we put in almost 50 fireplaces sold through the showroom, all remodel or insert projects.

steady, not record setting by any means, but steady... been doing lots of service work this year on all the stuff people got last year from other dealers that got in( then out )of the wood and pellet biz..

It's comforting to hear that things are moving. The issues I heard about may be dealer-specific.

Hey, jtp10181: Nice to see somebody from Mad City. I graduated from UW Madison!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.