How Are Your Pellet Boilers Working?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trout

Dec 9, 2013
Southern MaineAxe
Cold and windy last night, -12 degrees last night and very windy. I woke up with our house temp 4 degrees (64), lower than than our 68 set temp. My Pellergy Alpha is set to the lower setting of 210, water temp set to 155 and Alpha circulater on 1 and was certainly not keeping up. I started our Stanley cook stove, Jotul 602 box stove and increased my boiler water temp to 165 and the circulater to 2. Within a couple of hours I was up to 68 and the wife is happy. Boy, I sure wish I had a newer, smaller and tighter house, but with the adjustments, the Pellergy came through!
Trout

Coming back from setback is harder. I've been thinking about bypassing the tank early in the cycle so that hot water is going to the zones quicker. It would be nice if outdoor reset was used somehow to ;automate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.