How can I find someone to setup a sawdust burning boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Dec 11, 2005
nw burbs of Chi
hi Guys,

My father owns a wood flooring mill in Northern IL. He bought a sawdust burner from another mill, but the controls were burnt in a fire. Since we produce a truckload of sawdust, We want to get this thing setup and fixed.

How would I go about finding a local company, Or someone willing to travel, but not break the bank.

We realize that this will be pretty costly to setup, buty we figure the gas bill is in the 5 digits every year......

Thanks,

Jake

It seems to me if it is the controls that are damaged you should be looking for an electrician or computer tech but I'm just guessing
Guy

I am in norther IL often.

Here is my number

Ab, tell me more.

We basically need someone to install this thing (hook it into our existing gas boiler infrastructure.) and get it up and running

I don't have a burner/boiler yet... But on "forestry forum.com" under alternative topics there is a 30 some page thread about Wood-mizer and thier bio-mizer sawdust burner. Several of them signed up to buy and/or visited bio-mizer's show-tour. My point being that there may be some guys over there that could help?

My next thought is - was the fire caused by the burner you bought? If so, please give added thought to making it safer.

Who made the burner? Perhaps he or a company has wiring diagrams and replacement parts? Of course you might not have to use OEM controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.