How can you get the point across??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karandgar

Feb 17, 2009
northern ny
We had purchased a Magnum Winchester D/C and it has had nothing but problems since we got it. We have contacted AES and at first they claimed no problem with the circuit board and then all of the sudden they admit there is a problem ( after 6 different boards) Now since the dealer had taken the stove back and "fixed it" it keeps shutting down. No one wants to listen and I have jumped through ALL of the hoops they set for me (I think that the hoops were just a smoke screen) I have decided to call it quits and just get my money back but it seems like the dealer and AES want nothing to do with me, unlike when it came to taking my money. Well guess what, I think it is too bad that you guys don`t want to listen because there are some of us out there that can really figure things out. From what I hear there are a few of us that are thinking about going to court. I have been documenting more than enough prove faulty equipment.

In general, your best bet is to insist at the dealer level, not the maker. The reason is simply because they are the one that sold it to you! They have your money.

If and when I ran into a situation like this - when I had a store - I simply took it back (or maybe in trade for something else...you have to give the dealer some slack), and THEN I dealt with the manufacturer. That almost never meant a returned stove (to them), but rather that they would pay parts, labor and maybe something for the trouble I spent on the deal.

If you paid cc to the dealer and have not yet paid the bill, then you might have something there. Even if you paid the cc bill, they may be able to "chargeback" the merchant. Many cc companies have automatic guarantees built into them.....so you can try this.

In short, I would take the following steps.....

1. Ask dealer for money back, a new stove (this or another brand), etc.
2. Call CC company - if you paid this way

If you paid in another fashion you have less options. You have to look for consumer resources locally - some counties have consumer advocate offices to fix stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.