How COLD was it where you live this morning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdjs

Dec 6, 2008
western MA
I'm in Western mass on top of a mountain and I had -8 degrees this morning.
Pellet stove cranked up to the max.

I had 3ºF at 6:00 am, But it sure felt colder than that out there. Stove is keeping up just fine on medium! Glad I have some heaters in the hopper! This is definetly not shoulder season pellet weather! Break out them good hot pellets out on days like this!

-3 °F before I left for work at 8AM...
P43 is cranked & he ash pan is near capacity...
Gonna shut er down tomorrow & go thru er...
Hope it warms up a tad, first!

jtakeman said:
BTU said:
jamesdjs said:

http://www.newenglandweather.com/

I think BTU is saying you need some Okies(Okanagan) in your hopper!

What pellet are you burning?
wish i had some okies the newp im burning suck compared to last years. i think it was 7 degrees when i went to gym at 7:00am

It was -1 here in eastern Maine at 6am,just started burning oakies a couple of days ago and man am I impressed!

-5 at 6am in central Vermont. Stove has been on high since Wednesday night and house toasty in the 70's.

jamesdjs said:
jtakeman said:
BTU said:
jamesdjs said:

http://www.newenglandweather.com/

I think BTU is saying you need some Okies(Okanagan) in your hopper!

What pellet are you burning?

LGs but thats not going to help the outside temps :-S

The LG's are an upper level pellet, You should be fine with them. We though you might have had them pennington's in there,Tis all.

It was 4 degree here in NW Pennsylvania during the night. That, according to the wife;
she is usually up all night with the Food Channel on. I sleep like a log, except for bathroom
call. Warm and toasty with the PF100 furnace.

Jeez you guys, that's nothing. I polar camped with the Scouts two weeks back, it was -22. It's 20 here now, just putting my shorts on, planning on taking a dip in the pool today, may get the boat out on the river too.

7 degrees by my Sutton MA outdoor therm this AM. Burning Cubex, 6.40 bag @ Stove Place, when it is this cold, just saw Rogers Farm in Millbury has Okies for 5.99 bag/ 279 ton. I never made room in my garage this year (wet basement) and have been doing the weekly thing, is there a better deal around?
Bill

was near -10 in central maine this morning. burning okies and had it right at 70 upstairs(cellar install) loving the okies but wish there were more sellers of the product in central maine.

-2 at 7 AM, up to a balmy 9 degrees at 11 AM.

It was 1.4°F outside here when I crawled out of the den this morning, wanted to go back and finish the hibernation. But oh no, I can't do that have to be Mrs. Bear's garage door opener and stove feeder. The house was a nice 70°F upstairs. Mrs. Bear left bright and early for a State Quilt Guild meeting. I toke advantage of the situation and did a quick burn pot dump and air cavity clean out. Don't want a bad burn as it is supposed to be nippy tonight as well.

The chickens weren't too pleased when I opened the coop to feed them this morning. They were standing around discussing how to steal the pellet stove so they could be warm. I think I saw the corner of a bag of pellets buried in the litter under the nest boxes. Chickens are always plotting, just ask Mr. Tweedy.

0°F degrees in North Central MA this morning. Too bad I woke up sweaty with those darn Okanagans burning in the XXV. The house was between 74 and 78! Maybe I need some other brand??? Nah...

We bottomed out at -0.5 at 5:30 this morning. We are already up to 19 now though, so things are looking up :).

We shot right past "really cold" and "damn cold" straight into "WICKED COLD"

:coolsmile:

2.1° this morning here in Southern Maine. I live 6 miles from the coast so I think that had something to do with the balmy temperature. :grrr:

0° in upper Upper Michigan, on a peninsula into Lake Superior, high 60s inside. Clear and sunny right now, up to a balmy 15°, time to get the tractor and 6 1/2' snowblower out.. USSC 5510 on 4 (of 5) via a thermostat, plus wood boiler in basement, radiant with 100° water.

Status
Not open for further replies.