How COLD was it where you live this morning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-1 here in Valatie. -8 with the wind chill factored in. We are a balmy 7 right now and the Stove is keeping up with the coldest room at 70 but I'm eating up pellets to do it. 40 pounds in 12 hours.

Rick

well I seen -20 in around watertown ny this morning I am a road driver for fedex freight and run at night to PA was cold everywhere but this morning was brutal when i got back everything on truck was froze up from the snow in the southern tier of Ny but my buddy said he had -23 at his house north of watertown so lets just say it was cold just 5 deg here now my toyota tundra grunted when i sterted it to come home from work sitting out all night in that cold got a mix burning in my P68 maeders and appling county pellets the applings I have burn great and hot in my stove ..........the maeders well they are ok nothing special

We're pretty balmy compared to most. Hanging in at 20 degrees, the day started in single digits. No matter, have the Glow Boy burning and coffee on the counter...

15* last night heading for a high of 23* then falling to the single digits over night and into Sunday morning... got the heat pumps set on 71* and every now and then I hear them kick on, but the back half of my house is 74*-75*ish...

Like a kid in a candy store with a 5" snow over night...

Attachments

• DCS-950G.jpg
    DCS-950G.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 238
-10 with a windchill of -23 at 6am when I got up. Was -8 When I was out in the lot of our store with jumper cables trying to get our 50 year old forklift restarted. Actually had to run the Europa on setting 4 instead of 3 for the first time this year in the showroom until an hour or so ago.

Weather station I have recorded 5 °F at 5:30am this morning, and -15 °F windchill at 3:45am here in the beautiful Hudson Valley.

Stove kept the house a nice 70 °F all night on 8-9

Was 6 °F overnite, about 15 °F now. Winds have calmed down a bit.

XXV running on medium keeping the house a nice and toasty 72 °F .
Currently burning Cleanfire Softwoods.

It was 7 this morning and now a balmy 19 in NW RI. Burning Green Team and yesterday, went through a bag (40 lbs) in 14 hours from 8AM until 10 PM... was out all day and house temp was sitting at 68 when we got back .... that was a record for daily consumption!

Need to get me some of dem' OKANAGANS!!!!! Stove to be shut off in the next hour for a cleaning. Started the season with
3 tons (150 bags) and down to 70. We start burning pellets end of September/Early October and go into the first week in May.

Global warming? BAH!

...... well it was a balmy -24C (-11F) here this morning before the sun peeked at us.... it has warmed up to -16C (3F) this past hour with full blue skies...... usually see some snow machines burning across the lake but its been quiet today...... (wonder why??) ..... anyway, pellet stove has been keeping it about 23C (73F) running on low on the main floor.... as I look out at the poor birds at the feeder....... 'Keep Warm' where ever you are ...... cc

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 206
Was about 9 degrees when I left the house @ 8:30 this morn.
About 18F now. Stove is hummin along with some Lignetics on #2 and it's 75 in here.

It got down to 14 degrees yesterday night here at my place in South Central Pennsylvania. Only got up to 16 degrees today. I guess it's gonna be single digits for me tonight. Looks like I'm one of the luckier ones (in terms of warmer temps).

-28 here in Ontario this a.m.. got up to -14 today and is supposed to go down -26 tonight.. It's starting to feel like winter now..............................

72 °F here in midcoast maine at 4:18 this mornin'. Colder than that outside, from the looks of it

About one degree here...most of the house was seventy with two stoves crankin'. Got the new insert running just in time.

-9F here in central Wisconsin

Outside temp 2 degrees at 2AM and 4 Am, 7 degrees at 7 AM and then 17 degrees at 11 AM. Less wind today, and that makes a big difference. 80 degrees in my den, and with a cup of coffee and some reading to catch up on, (new spring seed catalogs), I was real comfy until my wife insisted I had to go get some groceries. Kennebec River has a huge ice jam. Was told it was about 16 feet deep and several miles long. With this cold weather, new ice is forming in the river. We normally have flooding in the spring, but with the ice jam frozen in, it might be a disaster waiting to happen. Glad my home is high up on a hill.

It was 6 this morning at 5am. Not bad compared to the wind we had on Friday and Friday night! Burnin' them Oakies. Stove still on a thermostat and keeping the house around 70 alternating between 4 and 1. Burning about 1 and 1/2 bags a day.
It's a balmy 15 degrees now...didn't even need a jacket when I went out to get some pellets :)

Chan

At Seven AM it was 4F degrees and my Mini has been running full bore burning NWP hard wood. I think I am on my second bag today....I live in a 30 year old mobile home with with the underside insulation falling aparth and single pane windows with storms. Im thinking now I might try soft wood again during cold spells now that I am familiar with my stove. But it's keep the living room around 74F and the bed room around 71F, so I can't complain to much since the furnace only gets used when nobody is home.

Augustine said:
It was 7 this morning and now a balmy 19 in NW RI. Burning Green Team and yesterday, went through a bag (40 lbs) in 14 hours from 8AM until 10 PM... was out all day and house temp was sitting at 68 when we got back .... that was a record for daily consumption!

Need to get me some of dem' OKANAGANS!!!!! Stove to be shut off in the next hour for a cleaning. Started the season with
3 tons (150 bags) and down to 70. We start burning pellets end of September/Early October and go into the first week in May.

Global warming? BAH!

What do you do when it gets cold out? By the way... Global warming.... Cmon up and I will show Ya. We haven't had winter yet this year. Only -30 once. Above freezing again today! :grrr:

18 degrees with a 'real feel' of 1 degrees in NORTH CAROLINA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.