How do I Become a Pellet Pig?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you j-takeman and imacman. Have to go see eric here in the next week or 2. That Furnace came with 3" pipe. Looking to get rid of, now that I read that the Manual Specifically states the use of 4". And previous owner had it "professionally installed". Not gonna take any chances. My EVL will be about 17' coming out of the basement. I can spend that much money on a "Proper install". Again, Thank you. And imacman, your "Dues" are in the Mail...

I hope to heck I didn't become a Piglet, as opposed to a Pig, today. My pellet stove in the basement hasn't even been hooked to the flue except for two days to play with it when I bought it three years ago. And then pulled it and put the wood burner back. I bought it for a lab for a stove servicing business I was thinking about. My business liability insurance killed that idea.

Well, after picking up that ton of Stove Chow at HD last week to start using it for when I need to do work down there I saw all of you guys talking about how great Stove Chow is. So I went back and got two more tons today.

So a dyed in the wool cord wood burner now has a sore back and three tons of those tiny little logs. Looks like I will be opening the basement door some in the shoulder seasons.

DexterDay said:
......Have to go see eric here in the next week or 2. That Furnace came with 3" pipe. Looking to get rid of, now that I read that the Manual Specifically states the use of 4"......

Yep, Eric is "the man" for stove parts and pipe. I'd give him a heads-up call ahead of time to tell him what you need, just in case he needs to order something.

KatWill said:
Hey all,

silly question, how does one become a Pellet Pig? i have close to 5tons of different pellets. I wanna OINK!!! %-P :p
My goal is to become a pellet ninja. I'll wait until some unsuspecting pig has several tons of loosely guarded pellets in the shed, then I swoop in with my pellet ninja prowess and steal them.

Threerun said:
KatWill said:
Hey all,

silly question, how does one become a Pellet Pig? i have close to 5tons of different pellets. I wanna OINK!!! %-P :p
My goal is to become a pellet ninja. I'll wait until some unsuspecting pig has several tons of loosely guarded pellets in the shed, then I swoop in with my pellet ninja prowess and steal them.

That's fine.. You just have to deal with the Dog that loves that stove more than me. He is attacking a bee's nest in this photo. No Fear (hope photo went thru) My German Shepard

Attachments

• IMG00061-20100820-1944.jpg
    IMG00061-20100820-1944.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 147
BrotherBart said:
I hope to heck I didn't become a Piglet, as opposed to a Pig, today. My pellet stove in the basement hasn't even been hooked to the flue except for two days to play with it when I bought it three years ago. And then pulled it and put the wood burner back. I bought it for a lab for a stove servicing business I was thinking about. My business liability insurance killed that idea.

Well, after picking up that ton of Stove Chow at HD last week to start using it for when I need to do work down there I saw all of you guys talking about how great Stove Chow is. So I went back and got two more tons today.

So a dyed in the wool cord wood burner now has a sore back and three tons of those tiny little logs. Looks like I will be opening the basement door some in the shoulder seasons.

Hey B.B.

How the heck do you stack 'em? I would go outa my mind trying to make ends like Zap or Dennis does. :sick: How do you measure a cord?! Are they cover or left open to the elements? Do ya split them horizontal or vertical? Is it better in a cat or a secondary burn?

Just ribbin' ya! Hope your back gets back into shape for stacking REAL wood!!
:)

PJF1313 said:
Just ribbin' ya! Hope your back gets back into shape for stacking REAL wood!!
:)

The danger is that just filling a hopper and pushing a button might get addicting.

j-takeman said:
86 toy said:
I just stumbled across this thread so that reminded me does my recent purchase of 4 tons and the statement that the lowes employee made "we never had anyone buy and take 4 tons at the same time before" qualify me to be a to be a member of the great pellet pig club?

Supposed to be before the seasons first frost. Well there is a loop hole here we are in the 2011 season and the first frost is in September October. So what the heck! I vote yes! Send imacman your dues paymant! ;-)

Welcome aboard!

thanks j if you or macman ever get down here to PA i owe ya both a cold one ;-). and by the way most of this stash i just bought is for the 2011-12 heating season so i just purchased a very early pre season buy.. i'm just testing some this year to make sure they are ok for next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.