How do I change the LBA on Englander 25?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

VT_Bassman

Jan 4, 2017
Vermont
I have read that you push the LBA button on the bottom of the control panel and then either both up arrows or both down arrows. When I do this nothing happens. My factory settings are 5-4-1. My flame is VERY tall and yellow so I think I need to increase my LBA to give it more air????

Also my reboot setting is 'd'. What do those letters signify (is 'd' 5-4-1?)???

I have read that you push the LBA button on the bottom of the control panel and then either both up arrows or both down arrows. When I do this nothing happens. My factory settings are 5-4-1. My flame is VERY tall and yellow so I think I need to increase my LBA to give it more air????

Also my reboot setting is 'd'. What do those letters signify (is 'd' 5-4-1?)???
To change the air just press the low burn air button and the press the up arrow on the blower and it should increase the low burn air number. Keep in mind the lower three button only affect setting 1+2 on the heat settings and have no affect on the settings above that. People with more experience then me will probably chime in

Thanks! I will try just pressing the blower button. Does the flame I mentioned sound like it needs more or less air?
does the flame just kinda dance around or is it like a blast furnace. you should see the air being pulled through the flame. If not you might have a air leak around the hopper or the door. these stoves are known for these type of burn issues. does your pot stay pretty clean or do you have the famous lava build up after a few hours?

Burn pot stays pretty clean (don't normally get any clumps just fine powder ash - use VT pellet Co. softwood). Definitely can see the air being pulled thru the flame. Flame is all the way to the top of the burn chamber most of the time although it does tend to dance around a bit. I also am only running the stove at 1-heat 2-blower setting. No air leak at the door (already checked).

Does anyone know what the 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd' etc. reboot settings equate to?

Burn pot stays pretty clean (don't normally get any clumps just fine powder ash - use VT pellet Co. softwood). Definitely can see the air being pulled thru the flame. Flame is all the way to the top of the burn chamber most of the time although it does tend to dance around a bit. I also am only running the stove at 1-heat 2-blower setting. No air leak at the door (already checked).

Does anyone know what the 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd' etc. reboot settings equate to?
Sounds like maybe the hopper restrictor plate might be open to par. With smaller length pellets you sometimes have to close it a little or it will feed more pellets per rotation of the auger. as far as the letter go < if you have a PDV you should be in C . the lower the letter the more pellets get fed. the smaller 25 pdvc uses D mode . you should not go any lower then C . A+B are for other stoves that use the same control board

Sounds like maybe the hopper restrictor plate might be open to par. With smaller length pellets you sometimes have to close it a little or it will feed more pellets per rotation of the auger. as far as the letter go < if you have a PDV you should be in C . the lower the letter the more pellets get fed. the smaller 25 pdvc uses C mode . you should not go any lower then C . A+B are for other stoves that use the same control board
Sorry I misspoke on the PDVC 25 , it uses D mode not C

What is the hopper restrictor plate? Does the letter mode correspond to the LFF/LBA/AOT settings?
The restrictor plate is in the bottom of the hopper directly over the top auger. it has a slot with a Philips screw in it . mine is set about half way in the slot but you may need to be different. I am not the expert on the control board so I hope someone chimes in here, but I am pretty sure the Mode affects everthing

What is the hopper restrictor plate? Does the letter mode correspond to the LFF/LBA/AOT settings?

Not directly. Moving up the alphabet from D to C increases the length of time the top auger turns to deliver pellets.

So 'C' delivers less pellets per hour than 'D'? I thought the heat control controlled how many pellets get delivered to the burn pot per hour?

So 'C' delivers less pellets per hour than 'D'? I thought the heat control controlled how many pellets get delivered to the burn pot per hour?
Yes you are correct C delivers more than D . It just means that in C mode you are able to run a lower heat setting then in D mode for the same desired temp .But on cold days when you crank it up in C you will deliver more pellets in heat range 9 then you can in D mode which will give out much more btu's