• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishrodeo

Oct 14, 2016
Wisconsin
I have a 1988 Whitfield WP2. I have the old control board, the one with the dials for the feed and the other dial controls both fans. I just can't seem to get enough heat out of it. It has the tubes that transport the heat from the front, but then it also has two more holes on the sides that shoot air out. It takes a long time for the holes on the side to generate heat. I don't get a ton of air blowing out of it, I don't know if that's the problem. This fan, the one that blows the heat into the room, has seemed to be replaced. I also can't get the combustion fan motor off of the axle. It has a hex screw that holds the shaft in place. I've oiled both fans and have really cleaned the whole stove well. I just don't know why I can't get my burn going strong. Between the damper, the feed knob, and the blower knob, I just don't know what the right mix is. Can someone please help? I also want to get my hands on a manual. Every manual I've seen has instruction for an electronic control panel. I don't have one of those. Any advice would be grand. Thank you.

Sorry I got the wrong manual. Do the knobs still actually make changes to settings as they do fail over time. Using the search feature, IIRC Snowy Rivers and Stovensen are likely your best resources for the whitfield stoves. You can send them a PM but Stovensen may be delayed in responses as he is in Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.