How do I go about selling my wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshayes

Sep 21, 2014
Virginia
image.jpg I have a beautiful wood stove (Resolute) for 31 years. It has been well cared for although not used in 30 years. I need to sell it, what is a reasonable price to ask?

The "Bat Model Resolute"!

Oops, I woke it up...

resolute.jpg

Well heck, that knocks $500 off of the value.

Is that a wood/coal Resolute, or just wood? It seems to be in great shape. Why hasn't it been used in 30 years?

Its tough as there probably is less of a market in VIrginia. If there are no cracks they routine sell in the $300 to $500 in northern New England

I successfully sold a wood burning insert in Craig's List. It was a bit annoying but I was very motivated so I even offered delivery. I brought it to the guys house and helped him hand truck it straight to his fireplace.

That was our first big stove purchase. Sold for about $460 new and given its condition it will probably get close to that price if you wait about 15 days. It is a great small stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.