How do I know which auger motor to buy for whitfield>

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The advantage of buying the OEM motor is that you know it is a drop in fit. You shouldn't have to do anything to it other than mount it in place and make the connections. If you aren't comfortable with adding wire extensions, crimping on connectors or reversing the motor winding, buy the OEM.
I just bought a GA motor for my PDVC and I am impressed by the quality of the motor. I perceive that it is of superior construction and design than the motor that it is replacing (MK) and I am comfortable that it will perform well. I am comfortable with the fact that I will have to flip the winding and add crimp on terminations before it can be installed in my stove. Luckily the auger motor it is replacing isn't totally dead, it just has worn bearings that make startup a problem, so I can take my time getting that done.
The point to all of this is that, because I am comfortable with doing the required work, I can get a better motor at a better price. Going to the manufacturer for an OEM motor, you are paying for the convenience and comfort level that they have done some of the work for you and made the installation easier and less risky.
Nobody can tell you which decision is right for you. You probably already know what you should do, so just do it.

iirc every whitfield uses same auger motor, auger motor for a Winslow (Country Stove) is same as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.