How do I remove the IFC in my Grundfos 15-58 pump?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They pull out with a pair of pliers. The ones I use are just a white plastic flow check in the outlet side of the pump. If yours is like that put a pair of needle nose on one of the 4 ears and pull it should come out its a o-ring seal.

That's right. Be sure to make a note of which way it goes in there, just in case you ever want to put it back.

Woodnotoil- am I remembering that you're aiming to plumb two pumps in line, aiming "at each other" so as to be able to flow either way? It is a concept I may end up wanting to try, too, but are you sure you won't get whopping head loss doing it that way?

Trevor - I emailed Taco and they said there is very little head loss going through a pump. We figured out there is more loss when using zone valves. So not only is it less expensive (not having to use zone valves) but there is less head loss. I am using a DPDT relay (at nofossil's guidance) to ensure both pumps don't run at the same time.

woodnotoil- so they (Taco) confirmed that even when you're working one pump through another in series in reverse? I don't want to sound like a 'nudge- just am very, very interested in the potential approach, as it may work well for me, and I don't want to duplicate your "due diligence" if you have already done it

Trevor - Yes, even in reverse. They said it simply acts as an extension of the pipe and therefore does not increase head loss. Mine should be up and running soon. I will let you know how it works. I am happy to be a guinea pig on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.