How do I send a PM- private message

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jadm

Dec 31, 2007
colorado
Someone suggested I PM a member who lives in Colorado to get help with altitude questions. I am new and do not know how to do this.

Where do I get info on how to do it?

Thanks

Robbie - thanks for the instructions. I sent you a PM to see how it works which spawned another ? on my part. If I am the recipient of a PM how do I know I have one that I need to read?

When you're logged into the forum, scroll to the top of the page. There is a box to the right of the caveman picture. It will tell you how many unread messages you have. You can also turn on email notices in your user profile. If you do, the system will send you an email when you receive a new PM.

-SF

Slyferret - Thanks for your response. When I went back to the top of the page I saw the box...Now I know what it means!

Be aware PMs are available to be read at as are email on this site by the administrators.

"Note: Email messages are logged and viewable by site administrators"Craig Issod, Founder Hearth.com

Mission accomplished. Thank you all for your help. I have successfully sent, received and deleted my first PM. Consider your instructions accurate and easy to follow by someone who is terrified of electronic gadgetry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.