How do you delete/remove a post on a forum?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't. The easiest thing to do is to click on "Report" and put a note in your report that you'd like the post deleted. A Moderator will see that reported post and look it over, and if it's your post and you want it gone, it'll be gone. Rick

Are you talking about a thread or an individual post. I believe that you can delete a post like this one yourself. Under this post I will see a delete option and I can click on it and delete it. I don't think you can delete a thread if you start one.

OK, good, I stand corrected. It was my understanding that only Moderators had the "Delete" option visible on posts.

Not sure how long it is. Something like a couple of hours.

No, I misspelled a title and I couldn't edit it. I believe a moderator corrected the spelling for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.