How do you measure your logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a "whip" for your saw. Also someone has posted that after enough bucking, you can get within 1/2 inch in length.

Lucky Phil said:
I like the attachment on this guys saw, at about 1minute 20 seconds on the video. He must have it attached to the bar? He must just have it on while bucking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRFd7yBTf28&feature=related

Just a safety note here, but you want to be standing on the other side of the Smart Holder when using it. On the side he's on, if the saw grabs ahold of it, it's going to want to pull or roll the wood out toward you, along with the saw. Standing on the other side, it kind of wedges up against the vertical and is very secure. I'm not sure, but it may have mentioned it in the directions. Don't ask how I figured this out. ;-)

Steve

On edit: I'm talking about standing on the facing side of it looking at the video, not the other end of it.

Mainstation, this may be a stupid question but what is a whip?

Status
Not open for further replies.