How do you pronounce "Poulan"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I've heard "paul-lan", "poo-lan", "pull-an", "pool-in" and any number of other permutations. Does anybody know the proper pronunciation?

Po - lan. (Long o) (Land w/o the d)

Poolan but I suspect but I've also heard poolon. It's like Stihl and you can get anything. Still just doesn't cut it though.

Poo-lawn

Reactions: Jon1270
Pull on, pull on, pull on, pull on, pull on, pull on, hurt wrist, swear, throw in fire pit.

Now I pronounce it ashes to ashes dust to dust go to the dealer and buy a new saw I must.

Polan. The "u" is silent. I just asked Old Yaller.

old yaller.jpg

Reactions: Jon1270
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
[quote="maple1 [/quote]

Wow, that may be the most relevant reply I've seen lol. That's what's cool about this site, you ask a simple question and somebody goes and looks up an obscure commercial from almost 40 years ago to answer you.

You goofy Virginians.

Yeah the regional variations in general are pretty evident on this thread, as should be expected

It's like Stihl and you can get anything. Still just doesn't cut it though.

Now that you mention it...Still, Shtill, Shteal, Steel...

Wow, that may be the most relevant reply I've seen lol. That's what's cool about this site, you ask a simple question and somebody goes and looks up an obscure commercial from almost 40 years ago to answer you.

I remembered watching that commercial when it was on TV - for some strange reason. Can't remember what I did last week half the time, but remembered that. Gotta love Google.

EDIT: Funny what comes to you when you're asleep. I now remember one of my old college room mate buddies had a saying he would throw at us when someone didn't say something the right way - 'Polan, Roy - Polan'. I guess he had Ed mixed up with Roy - and I was still saying Poolan after all that anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.